In order to qualify to receive MAiD you must meet several specific criteria.
- You must be an ADULT (This is defined as being 18 years of age or older)
- You must be CANADIAN- Actually the law is that you must be eligible to receive Canadian health care services, so Canadian residents, landed immigrants and Canadian citizens all qualify. At this time, non-Canadians are not able to access MAiD in Canada, even if paying privately.
- You must be suffering from a GRIEVOUS and IRREMEDIABLE condition. This is further defined as someone having a serious illness, disease or disability that is in an advanced state of decline that cannot be reversed.
- You must be SUFFERING UNBEARABLY and be at a point that your natural death has become reasonably foreseeable, taking into account all of your medical circumstances.
- Your request for MAiD must be made voluntarily, free from pressure from anyone else.
- You must be CAPABLE of making this request-this means your request for MAiD can only happen after you have a clear understanding of your medical condition and have been informed of other treatment options. You must be capable at the time of the request AND be able to give informed consent at the time of the procedure
To Schedule An Appointment - Call (250) 592-4710